People of Yemen take to Sana’a streets to slam Saudi aggression
(Press TV) Thousands of Yemenis have once again poured into the streets of the capital, Sana’a, to condemn the deadly aggression of their country by Saudi Arabia.
The demonstrators on Friday chanted slogans against Saudi Arabia, the United States, the Israeli regime amid deadly Saudi airstrikes against the country.
“Yemen, rise, rise against the Takfiri invasion,” the demonstrators chanted, adding, “Down with the US. Down with Israel.”
They demonstrators emphasized that they will not surrender to the aggression against their country.
The demonstrators also condemned the blockade imposed on Yemen, terrorizing of Yemeni civilians, and bombardment of religious places in the country.
The Yemeni protesters also said that the aim of the Saudi aggression is to humiliate Yemeni people, adding that such a goal will never be achieved.
A number of senior Yemeni figures delivered speeches during the rally.
“Those who cooperate with Saudi Arabia, US and Israel in the attacks against Yemen are the betrayers. They are dirty people,” one of the speakers said.
“This aggression is a cover for the Takfiri groups which are nothing but a branch of the Saudi Intelligence and the Zionist Intelligence,” the speaker said, adding, “We will not bow down to Al Saud and those who are behind them.”
The speaker further slammed Saudi atrocities in Yemeni, saying that Saudi Arabia has overtaken the Israeli regime in “brutality.”
He called on the Yemeni people in the southern part of Yemen to join forces with the people in other parts of the country and beware of the plots by the Saudi Arabia and western “killers and criminals.”
“Our message to those who have besieged Yemeni people is that we will not give in and surrender,” the speaker said.
Saif al-Hadi, another speaker representing the popular committees, described Yemeni people as “people of faith, wisdom and courage.”
The US, Saudi Arabia and Israel “cannot terrorize us,” Hadi said, adding, “We will defeat” them.
“If we receive the signal from our heroic leaders, you will see that we are right at the center of Mecca,” he said.
“We will not retreat at all,” Hadi emphasized.
The rally came after earlier in the day, the United Nations World Health Organization (WHO) said 1,244 Yemenis had lost their lives and 5,044 had been injured from March 19 to April 27.
Hundreds of women and children are among those killed, according to the WHO.
Earlier in the day, UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon warned of a dire shortage of fuel in Yemen, saying it may stop relief operations completely.
Riyadh launched its military aggression against Yemen on March 26 – without a United Nations mandate – in a bid to undermine the Houthi Ansarullah movement and to restore power to the country’s fugitive former president, Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, who is a staunch ally of Riyadh.
Hadi fled to Riyadh on March 25 when Houthis bore down on the strategic port city of Aden after taking control of the Yemeni capital last September.
On April 21, Riyadh announced the end of the first phase of its unlawful military operations, but airstrikes have continued with Saudi bombers targeting different areas across the country in a new phase.
There has been an effective blockade on Yemen during the ongoing Saudi Arabian aggression, with airports being closed to civilian traffic and naval shipments experiencing numerous delays.
Click here for original article